Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments?


Listen...do you hear it? Listen closer. Can you hear the quiet? It's the calm before the storm. Next week is Spring Break!! AAAAAAAHHHHHH. Help me now!

Springtime at the farm is in full swing. 23 piglets and 30 lambs have been born in the last few weeks. This time of the year makes it such a fun place to work. Here are a couple pics.



The full realization of the late April/May schedule at our house came to light this week. I thought we had a lot going on with soccer, Lauren's 1st Communion, her birthday and a 4-H performance. The piano teacher let us know that there is going to be a recital too. Guess which day.....wait for it.....yup, you guessed it, the same day as the 1st Communion. Of course it is! UGH.


Great quote from one of the kids I teach at the farm this week. Many of them have participated in this after-school program before and remember the dairy calf we had last summer. One of the girls asked me why the calf wasn't there any more. I told her that the calf was just loaned to us for the summer and had to go back home to grow bigger and get ready to have a baby. She gave me a puzzled look and said to me "I didn't know she was in love?" LOL. Ahhh, the innocence of kids. Gotta love it.


Happy Friday.
----------------------------------------
For more Friday Fragments, visit Mrs4444 at Half-Past Kissin Time.






3 comments:

Smoochiefrog said...

Look at those piglets! CUTE!

won said...

OMG!! I sooooo want to be on the farm. I so wish we were close. Moreso, that is just what my son needs/adores.

He is 12 and has some big social issues. He LOVES animals though. I want a farm.

I am coming back to show him the photos when he gets home later.

So cool!

Mrs4444 said...

That is so, so sweet (the cow story.) Also, I loved all the little piggies and had no idea they came in such big batches! THanks for playing FF this week :)